Inspiration from a barefoot artist – painter, illustrator, and creative wanderer.
Abarefootartist.com is about real, relaxed living with great style. Here you’ll find a bit of sunshine and creativity through art, design, travel, and food; like a casual summer vacation. I hope it inspires you.
- When I’m not painting or drawing, you’ll find me planning my next travel adventure, writing in my journal, sitting in a coffee shop with my laptop, or cooking something with lots of fresh herbs and garlic.
- I am most comfortable in my old jeans and either my cowboy boots or my flip-flops, depending on the season.
- I have lived in four US time zones but I’d rather have my toes in the sand than anywhere else.
- I like hardback books, the smell of salt water, and red wine in a big glass.
- I dream of owning a motorcycle, watching the sunset every night from my dock, and meeting the Barefoot Contessa.
- I grew up in a small town in the Midwest where I read lots of library books, drew in my sketchbook, and dreamed of being a traveling photojournalist.
- With my art, I hope to connect with and inspire others, while adding a little happiness to the world.
My Artist Bio:
Pam enjoys creating a sense of place and loves the bold use of color and brushstrokes to create her loose, painterly style. She also licenses her art for products and has taught painting and drawing to children and adults. Pam grew up in Missouri and Utah and has lived in various parts of the West and Southeast.
She has an AA in Graphic Design from The Art Institute of Pittsburgh, a BS in Marketing from Utah State University, and an MBA from the University of South Carolina.
Her work may be found at various locations in the southeast. She works from her studio in North Carolina, where she lives with her husband and sons.
- Clients include projects for Google Fiber, Hewlett Packard, YMCA of Greater Charlotte, Alliance Commercial, Doodlebugs Infant Products.
Art with Heart Contributor 2010-2015
- Project Art Aid Contributor . Full proceeds benefit the Charlotte Chapter of the American Cancer Society and their “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer” campaign.
WCA Women Center Art: Small Works Show
- Selected for the juried Art Spectacular Sale, Lake Norman Rotary Club and the Lake Norman Art League, Rotary Club’s 10th Annual Wine Spectacular.
- Featured in Art Take Miami, See Me Group Inc.
River Hills Country Club: Visions of ART, Lake Wylie SC
Solo Show: Featured Artist Showcase – Jeffre Scott Apothecary,
Selected as Art in Hand contributor, Ace of Spades – Charlotte Project.
- Charlotte Artist Society, Founder’s Hall Exhibit.
- Studied with Andy Braitman at Braitman Studio from 2004- 2011.
- Studied and attended workshops with Kelley Sanford, Mike Rooney, Clark Hawgood, Bob Burridge, Lisa Boardwine, and Leslie Saeta.